|Ph.D., Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, USA (Cell and Molecular Biology). Dissertation : Importance of molecular weight and succinylation of the bacterial exopolysaccharide succinoglycan for the symbiosis ofsinorhizobium meliloti in the host plant medicago truncatula. Advisor: Kathryn M. Jones|
|B.Sc., University of Colombo, Sri Lanka (Botany)|
- Mendis HC, Madzima TF, Queiroux C, Jones KM. 2016. Function of succinoglycan polysaccharide in Sinorhizobium meliloti host plant invasion depends on succinylation, not molecular weight. mBio 7(3):e00606-16. doi:10.1128/mBio.00606-16.
- Mendis, H. C., Queiroux, C., Brewer, T. E., Davis, O. M., Washburn, B. K., & Jones, K. M. (2013). The Succinoglycan Endoglycanase Encoded by exoK Is Required for Efficient Symbiosis of Sinorhizobium meliloti 1021 with the Host Plants Medicago truncatula and Medicago sativa (Alfalfa). Molecular Plant-Microbe Interactions, 26(9), 1089-1105.
- Jones, K. M., Mendis, H. C., & Queiroux, C. (2013). Single-plant, Sterile Microcosms for Nodulation and Growth of the Legume Plant Medicago truncatula with the Rhizobial Symbiont Sinorhizobium meliloti. JoVE (Journal of Visualized Experiments), (80), e50916-e50916.
- Ranasinghe, C. S., Madurapperuma, W. S., Nainanayake, N. P. A. D., Mendis, H. C., & Fernando, W. P. K. K. (2009). Tender coconuts for export market: evaluation of cultivars and improved protocol for extended shelf-life. Indian Coconut Journal, 51(12), 18-25.
- Madurapperuma, W. S., Mendis, H.C., Ranasinghe, C. S., Premasiri, N. and Gunawardena, M. (2007) Comparative study of water movement in Leaf Scorch Decline affected and healthy coconut palms using Li as a non-radio active tracer. Cocos, 18: 74-82.
- Mendis, H.C., Queiroux C, & Jones K. M., (2014), The role of succinylation of the Sinorhizobium meliloti exopolysaccharide succinoglycan in host plant invasion, Southeastern Microbiology Summit, Southeastern Branch of American Society of Microbiology, Jacksonville, FL. (Talk).
- Mendis, H.C., Washburn, B.K., & Jones K.M., (2010), Suppressors of a rhizobial lipopolysaccharide defect restore symbiosis on alfalfa., Annual meeting of The Southern Section of the American Society of Plant Biologists, University of Tennessee Conference Center, Knoxville, TN. (Poster).
- Mendis H. C., Ranasinghe C. S. & Nainanayake N. P. A. D. (2008). Identification of different coconut cultivars for beverage purposes. 64th Annual meeting of the Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science., Colombo, Sri Lanka. (Talk).